Shopify vs. WordPress: Pros and Cons
Pros of Shopify
- You don’t have to learn coding or technical skills to use Shopify.
- There are no charges for hosting or security externally.
- Since it is purely for building e-commerce websites, all the sales tools are available that you require.
Cons of Shopify
- If you pay from a payment gateway other than Shopify Payments, you need to pay extra transaction fees (0.5% to 2% each transaction).
- Although it doesn’t require any technical knowledge, it is still not as basic to use as you may think.
- You will have to reformat the content if you decide to change the theme of your site.
Pros of WordPress
- It has a new editor called ‘Gutenberg,’ which makes the platform easier to use.
- WordPress is more flexible and powerful than Shopify, letting you have total customization.
- Several helpful resources are available online, including both professional developers and user forums.
Cons of WordPress
- It can be quite expensive very quickly.
- You need to have the technical knowledge to use this platform.
- You must source things, such as security, web hosting, and a domain name yourself.